Be Part of Bronte’s Evolution
The old saying ‘the only constant is change’ is true for the district of Bronte right now. With one major redevelopment underway (2368 Lakeshore Rd W), another expected to begin this Fall (SE corner Lakeshore Rd W @ Bronte Rd) and 2 more planned, this neighbourhood is evolving.
In 2021, the Bronte BIA led the BronteForward! community visioning process that captured what residents and business owners/operators want this neighbourhood to look, feel, smell and taste like in the coming decades. The result: it’s a place where everyone is welcomed and everything you need is here. In other words, it’s what’s called a ’15-minute district’ where local residents can walk to all the amenities they need.
To help fulfil the vision, we need to round out our retail mix to add to the unique restaurants, retailers and personal services already here – both now and once construction is complete.
Businesses We Need
In particular, we need:
- Speciality fresh food, like a bakery, cheese shop, deli or butcher, organic, seafood
- A bottle shop, beer store, LCBO or wine store
- General merchandiser with a broad assortment
- Hardware store
- Casual dining and pubs, in particular, family oriented restaurants
- Dry cleaner
- Shoe repair
- Post office
- Community & cultural services, like a theatre or music lounge
- Apparel stores, including kids & men’s
- Bars and breweries, including a craft brewery with onsite brewing
- Year-round market hall with multiple vendors; think Vancouver’s Granville Island Public Market or Toronto’s St. Lawrence Market or Paris’ Wincey Mills
- Travel agency
- Co-working spaces
Read the marketing brochure that sums up ‘why Bronte and why now.’
Read more about vacant space available, what our research has told us and how you can be part of our evolution.