Create. Share. Connect. 2022 Culture Days are Here!
A national celebration of arts and culture, Culture Days run from September 23 to October 16. Celebrate creativity everywhere, everyway and attend free events in your neighbourhood.
Here are five unique ways to create, share and connect through arts and culture in Bronte:
- Tour our beautiful waterfront and surrounding businesses and check out our At Home in Bronte Muskoka chair art installation. Designed by local artists, including Sheridan College students, there are 100 chairs to explore. Each one has a hidden lighthouse icon waiting to be discovered. (Self-guided)
- Learn the basics of rhythm & melody at a Bandology Bucket Drumming Workshop. (Saturday, September 24 from 1-3pm in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park)
- Develop a deeper understanding of Indigenous heritage and walk the Moccasin Trail along Bronte Creek starting at the kiosk at Rebecca Street and Mississaga Street. (Self-guided)
- Explore Bronte’s rich and dynamic history at The Sovereign House and tour an art exhibit. (Saturday, September 24 & Sunday, September 25 from 1-4pm at 7 West River Street)
- Learn the art of porcelain doll making with Celia Desmond from Bronte’s Tradition Dolls and Watches. (Saturday, October 15 from 2-4pm at The Oakville Museum)
For more information, visit: www.culturedays.ca