2024 Waste Guide & Collection Schedule
The Halton Waste Guide & Collection Schedule identifies acceptable waste material, tips and requirements for Tuesday and Friday scheduled collection of recyclable material and garbage in the Bronte BIA.
A few friendly reminders:
- Bins should not be placed on the curb before 5pm the evening before collection, and should be removed as soon as possible after collection.
- Please do not place garbage bags on the street, as this makes it easy for animals to get into and creates an unsightly mess along our sidewalks.
- If you need new or replacement wheeled bins, you can order them from Halton Region by calling 905-825-6000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know which items are acceptable as a recyclable material and note the following:
1) Shredded Paper cannot be recycled through a curbside collection service. Please place the shredded paper for collection as garbage, or contact a private company that can collect shredded paper separately and recycle it.
2) Styrofoam and Styrofoam packaging are not acceptable recyclable materials and must be disposed of as garbage.
3) Flatten and secure cardboard boxes.
4) The Region does not collect bulk waste in our commercial district. Do not place bulk waste (e.g. sofa’s, desks, chairs) for curbside collection. Collection vehicles that service the BIA’s are not equipped to collect the bulk waste and any bulk waste left on our sidewalks only attracts illegal dumping of other materials.
5) If you notice items that have been illegally dumped, please report them to ServiceOakville. Thank you for your cooperation.
Let’s work together to keep Bronte beautiful!